bootstrap-emacs fails with glibc-2.3.5

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: bootstrap-emacs fails with glibc-2.3.5
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 19:54:51 +0200

Hi *,

some of the the latest changes made bootstrap-emacs fail with new
glibc versions.  (I use a cvs version, but I'd guess that some new
GNU/Linux distributions, like Fedora Core 3 will be affected, too.)

When bootstrap-emacs gets called it is killed by the libc with:
`*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x0... ***'

This "feature" can be disables by setting MALLOC_CHECK_=0 in the
environement -- see:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html#id850584
so emacs still can be bootstraped.

Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) all of the above is also true for
the resulting emacs binary.

cheers
sascha
--