Re: CL function's docstrings

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: CL function's docstrings
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 01:57:28 +0200

> However, coherence between functions is one factor in what
> makes any particular argument name better or worse.

Sure, of course. That's why I said "absolute".

Anyway, as I share Kim's (and others') worries about even small
changes during a freeze (other than cosmetic, like docstring fixes,
obsolescence declarations, substituting an aliased function with the
original, etc.), I think the best plan is:

 - Use "\(fn ARG1 ARG2...)" now (so 22.1 at least has good cl docstrings)
 - Use the best method available, once we branch 22.1

That represents doing twice the fixing, but I don't mind, and it'll
get us the best results (assuming I don't screw up the docstrings :)

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u