Re: error when tty-coding-system is utf-8

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: error when tty-coding-system is utf-8
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:19:22 -0500 (CDT)

Just a very wild guess, just in case: is there any possibility for a
timer to run during that code and mess up the match data?  I do not
know the code well enough to check whether it allows timers to run and
whether it uses the match data at some time after that.  The
unpredictability, combined with the args-out-of-range error reminds
me of a similarly completely unpredictable bug I recently fixed by
making Auto Revert restore the match data.

Sincerely,

Luc.