Re: Obsolete code in sregex.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Obsolete code in sregex.el
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:04:12 -0400

> I noticed the following declarations in sregex.el.  But I don't see
> any references to them, so maybe they can be deleted?

As the comment indicates this is compatibility code to interact with code
that used sregex before we introduced shy-groups.  There is no such code
in Emacs.  There may not be any such code in the rest of the world either,
but I'm not in a position to assess it,

My gut feeling is that it's indeed safe to throw it away.

        Stefan