Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:00:01 -0400

Eli> How did you test that?  If you type "M-x list-faces-display RET",
Eli> don't you see the face names underlined?

I just gave that a test in gnome-terminal and at a virtual console:

Using:

   env TERM=linux emacs -nw

the underlines do not occur -- neither real underlines in gnome-term
nor a colour change on the console.

Using:

   env TERM=xterm emacs -nw

they both work as expected.

Strace(8)ing setterm(1) shows that it also uses terminfo and get's the
same escape sequence for underline for xterm as it does for linux.

So emacs should know that \033[4m turns on underline in both cases,
but somehow doesn't output it if %ENV{TERM} ~= 'linux' (to use Perl
syntax -- I forget the elisp construct).  Is something special-casing
consoles?

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <address@hidden>