Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)

From: jasonr
Subject: Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:15:46 +0100

Quoting Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
> >I have nothing to add to
> >http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-12/msg00364.html
> >except that it's happening for me, too.
> >
> >Ideas, anyone?
> >

> I think the changes below should make maximized frames behave better on
> w32. They try to prevent changing the size of a frame that is maximized.
>
> This change remove the bug that a maximized frame does not fit the whole
> screen. It also removes the bug that a maximezed frame can be moved.

The "bug" used to be there because Emacs required an integer number of lines on
the screen. Now that Emacs handles different sized fonts, this restriction may
not be needed anymore, in which case we should remove it completely on all
platforms, not just for maximized frames on Windows. But I am not convinced
that scrolling code and other code that works with "pages" has been adapted to
work with non inteeger numbers of lines measured in the default font yet.