Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:36:55 -0400

>>>>> "Miles" == Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

Miles> If the terminfo entry is most likely wrong, and we know it,
Miles> then it doesn't make sense to follow it.

One issue with this, btw, that I forgot at first is logging in to
another box from the shell.  There is no guarantee that the remote
box has a 'linux' entry in its terminfo/termcap db, so users will
likely specify vt100, vt220 or xterm on the remote box.

In general there is no way to be certain that the ul escape sequence
in the terminfo does real underlining, no matter what the entry is
named.

-JimC