Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/nt/INSTALL

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/nt/INSTALL
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:20:42 +0300

> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:33:39 +0200
> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
>
> > +   (WARNING: Do NOT use this suggestion if you have write access to the
> > +   Emacs CVS tree and intend to commit changes to CVS.  This is because -kb
> > +   is sticky: it will be used in all future CVS operations on the files you
> > +   check out like this.)
>
> Didn't we discuss this already and concluded that it wasn't a problem?

I asked a question about that, but didn't see any replies.  All my
references, including the CVS manual, indicate that -kb will be used
henceforth with any CVS operation.  If you (or someone else) know
otherwise, please tell the details.

> I know I've committed files from nt/ that I had checked out with -kb.

I never said that committing files will be impossible; binary files
can be committed as well.  The question is, what does CVS think about
these files, and whether all versions have diffs associated etc.