Re: foreground menu bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: foreground menu bug
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:07:59 -0400

    I tested this the other day too and was confuzzled (confused +
    puzzled). After a while I realized that it had to do woth
    font-lock-mode overriding my coloring.

Perhaps those menu items should be disabled when Font Lock is enabled.
That way, people will see they're not supposed to work.

However, doing that in a simple way would have the wrong results for
Enriched mode buffers when Global Font Lock mode has been enabled.  So
the criterion "when font lock mode is enabled" is not exactly the
right criterion.  Perhaps it should be "in major modes that specify
something nontrivial for Font Lock to do", or "in such major modes
when Font Lock is enabled."

Would someone like to do this?