Re: vc-cvs-global-switches and -f

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: vc-cvs-global-switches and -f
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:51:33 +0200

> Are you speaking seriously here?
> The "emacs -Q" scenario is not a normal use scenario, AFAIK, so its
> convenience doesn't really matter that much.  At least not nearly as much as
> the convenience of the normal situation.

Let's put it other way: even on normal situation, it seems safer to
make VC *not* use customized defaults it knows nothing about (and
which can cause trouble), and let the user who uses a .cvsrc and knows
what he's doing to put a simple

  (setq vc-cvs-global-switches nil)

on their .emacs.

For my use case to happen, it is not necessary to use -Q, it's just
enough to have a .cvsrc with "diff -u" and not having configured any
vc-cvs-* entry on .emacs.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u