Re: Documentation not clear for the Lisp function set-variable

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Documentation not clear for the Lisp function set-variable
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:55:02 -0500 (CDT)

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

   On 6/30/05, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

   > so why wouldn't it also run a setter specified
   > by the `:set' custom keyword?

   It probably should. I'll take a look at it. I'm not custom expert,
   though; I hardly use the stuff.

I have not been following this thread.  Are you discussing making
set-variable calling any :set function?  We decided quite a while ago
to do that.  But there are some subtleties involved, for instance with
buffer local variables.  We decided to put it off till after the
release.

Sincerely,

Luc.