Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:32:42 -0400

    Then I simply suggest the patch below.  Then we can revert your change and
    forget about this idea of allowing symbols in completion lists.

    I mean, honestly, why make the primitives try-completion, all-completions,
    and test-completions yet more hairy for this one particular case, which is
    not even an often used piece of code and where the workaround won't even
    lead to any noticeable performance hit, seeing how hide-ifdef-define-alist
    is unlikely to grow large.

It seems ok to me.  This feature of completion tables is not important
for users, and I would not mind if we abandon it.