Re: AltGr finger twisters documented?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: AltGr finger twisters documented?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:39:05 +0200

On 7/5/05, Mathias Dahl <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed it seems to be. LCtrl-AltGr-+, in that order, produces \ on my
> Key Tronic keyboard, running Emacs 22.0.50.2 on Windows
> XP. LAlt-LCtrl-AltGr-x does not work at all for me... :)

Hmmm. My previous message was wrong. With `w32-recognize-altgr' I
*can* type \, ], etc., for example LCtr-AltGr-+ produces ].

So it seems like, at least on Windows,

  - with w32-recognize-altgr = nil
   LCtrl + AltGr + key produce uncommon chars: []\|@#{}€ (in Spanish kbd)
   There's no way to produce Ctrl/Meta versions of them

  - with w32-recognize-altgr = t
   AltGr + key produce uncommon chars
   AltGr + RCtrl + key produce Ctrl/Meta versions of them

I think there's no doubt that w32-recognize-altgr = t is needed, at
least on some language environments. Emacs would be unusable to me if
I had to do LCtrl-AltGr-` every time I wanted to type a [.

So perhaps we should simply document all this in some W32-specific
node of the info files.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u