Re: SPC in custom-mode

From: Joakim Verona
Subject: Re: SPC in custom-mode
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:24:28 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Peter Whaite wrote:
>
>>Why not just keep it simple.  SPC scrolls.  ENTER activates.

I think its much more important that Emacs is consistent within itself
than that Emacs is consistent with some random gui.

So I think:

- Custom and Info should be more alike than they are today.
- Eshell and Shell mode should be more alike as well.

And other random things:

- comment-region should always be bound to the same key

And so on. There are many such discrepancies in Emacs.

If some windows users want emacs to be more windows-gui consistent on
their plattform, cant these changes go into Cua mode or something?

One of the bad things with Windows is that MS changes the GUI now and
then, for no apparent benefit. Key-bindings, for instance, change with
the language you have installed A Windows app with.

On the other hand, C-x C-f will always find a file in emacs, which is
a great benefit.

--
Joakim Verona
www.verona.se