Re: Is there any way to have a string literal that is read "raw"

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Is there any way to have a string literal that is read "raw"
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:33:37 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

I was thinking of an easier way of handling w32 file names. When

trying to build with MSYS it fails just because of the file name
Emacs got from somewhere is in w32 format.

What does "got from somewhere" mean?  Could you provide an example?

Look under why you should avoid MSYS here:

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html#checking-setup

In that example there are paths in MSYS format (ie unix format). However you can replace `pwd` with `pwd -W` and get those in w32 format. Then you get the problem I am thinking of. But thinking about it again this could perhaps be solved (worked around) by writing just a small exe that provides path info in Emacs style and compile this in configure.bat? Would that be possible?

emacs --eval '(do-something-with (pop command-line-args-left))' "$FILENAME"
The problem is the strings are inside the eval in my example.