Re: obsolete comment in tool-bar.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: obsolete comment in tool-bar.el
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:55:47 +0300

> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:57:19 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> The following patch to tooltip.el simplifies the standard value of the
> tooltip-mode defcustom further than my original version.

You are removing the test for display-graphic-p being fboundp, but the
ChangeLog entry for the change which introduced that test clearly says:

        * tooltip.el (tooltip-mode): `emacs-quick-startup' and
        `display-graphic-p' may not be bound yet.

I wasn't following this thread, so perhaps you suggested or installed
another change which takes care of that; if so, apologies.  If not, I
think we should understand the reason for the test and see if it's
still valid.