Re: A few questions about desktop.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few questions about desktop.el
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:51:11 +0200

On 7/28/05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> There is no guarantee that the stored desktop file will get used on
> the same display, not even with the same Emacs.  And what if you do
> emacs -nw ?

Even with -nw Emacs supports multiple frames and multiple windows.
Moreover, at the very worst what can happen? Emacs not creating enough
windows?

> It sounds like something that has potential for problems,

Sure.

> certainly
> enough to push it till after release.

I agree, not because of the problems you see, but because it is a new
feature (I wouldn't count adding this to desktop.el as a bug fix).

I don't think we should be postponing features with "potential for
problems"; we should be postponing *all* new features. IMO.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u