Re: Minibuffer height problem

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Minibuffer height problem
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:25:42 +0200

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

max-mini-window-height is documented in the Emacs Manual,
in the minibuffer section.
Yes, in the "user part", but I was reading the Elisp Manual and in 20.1 Introduction to Minibuffers it says

   " The minibuffer's window is normally a single line; it grows
   automatically if necessary if the contents require more space. "

Which I think is not the whole truth and actually might stop the user from searching for more information.

But I think I see a bug here: for y-or-n-p, I think it should
show the last part of the message rather than the first,
so that the "? (y or n)" appears.  In other words, it should
scroll up so the bottom appears on the screen.

Could someone please implement that, and ack this message?
I can not do it now, but I observed that yes-or-no-p does not have this problem. Also if you enter some invalid answer to y-or-n-p it will write "Please ..." in the wrong place in the minibuffer.