Re: Is it possible to use tooltips only for some modes

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use tooltips only for some modes
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:38:17 -0400

    Maybe I missed something, but it seems that one can only globally
    enable/disable tooltips. I think one should be able to make them buffer
local
    or, even better, be able to enable/disable tooltips for some features (like
    modeline etc.).

That seems like a good idea.

Another idea: have a variable to specify the offset between
the mouse position and the tooltip.  Either always, or just when
it applies to the buffer contents.  That way, maybe it won't hide the text
you are looking at.