Re: mac/INSTALL needs editing

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: mac/INSTALL needs editing
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:07:15 +0900

> Actually, last time I tried, you had to explicitly disable either
> Carbon or X in order for the compilation to succeed,

Maybe your last trial was before the following change:

2005-05-13  YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu  <address@hidden>

        * configure.in: Don't check HAVE_CARBON if HAVE_X11 is set to yes.

> By default one of the two should be selected, probably Carbon.

Hmm, I thought those who use Emacs on multiple platforms might expect
the same behavior, i.e., X11 is selected when none of the window
system types is specified explicitly.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu