Re: Emacs icons

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:21:28 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

> By the way, I see people sending both 48x48 and 16x16 icons.
> When is the 48x48 used, and when is the 16x16 used?

This is highly dependent on the window- or file manager used and
normally configurable to a certain degree by a user. Commonly used sizes
are:

16x16  20x20/  24x24  32x32  36x36  48x48  64x64  96x96

I'm really wondering that people are creating the icons as bitmap
images. The major desktop environments under Gnu Linux (Gnome, KDE,
XFCE) are currently switching to vector based images (svg) and as far as
I know the next version of MS Windows will do so to. (Using a mangled
version of the open format svg which will differ just so much to be
incompatible)

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough