Re: Buffer menu fix

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Buffer menu fix
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:16:02 +0300

> From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:22:59 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> I don't think it is worth spending the time to have a long discussion
> about whether to use a macro to define these commands, whether they
> should be lambdas or have names, etc.

This discussion was not about whether to use a macro or a function, it
is about how to supply a doc string for a particular mouse click.  I
suggested to use a function as a means to that end, but I won't object
to a different solution as long as there's a meaningful string that
"C-h c" and "C-h k" can display for that click.

We had in the past complaints about mouse gestures for which Help
commands displayed technobabble understandable only by ELisp gurus.
We fixed those bindings by using functions.  Why add more causes for
users to complain about?