[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Release timelines and Unicode2 branch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Release timelines and Unicode2 branch
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:22:27 +0900

2005/9/13, Adrian Robert <address@hidden>:
> And how stable / bug-free is unicode-2
> right now compared with the will-become-22.1 code?

I use unicode-2 as my "secondary" emacs, and it seems pretty stable,
more or less identical to the trunk.  The main problems I've had seem
to mostly be related to font selection, e.g., where unicode-2 will
choose a worse X font to display a character than the trunk would
have; however I presume in your case you probably will not use the X
font selection code anyway.

> What I'm getting
> at is, is it reasonable to port Emacs-on-Aqua to this branch now, or
> should I stick with the to-be-22.1 code

If the unicode-2 branch would make your job much easier, I think going
with the branch would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

> or perhaps just wait before starting anything?

I see no particular reason to wait; my impression is that
by-and-large, the unicode-2 branch is not going to change
dramatically.  Kenichi can give a more knowledgable answer however.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]