Re: About `image-load-path'

From: David PONCE
Subject: Re: About `image-load-path'
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:47:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

>     Yes it makes sense to let-bind `image-load-path' in my own code
>     but it is not so easy for libraries which are part of Emacs for
>     example.
>
> Could you give an example of where you would want to do this
> in the code of a library that is part of Emacs?

I don't want to change the code of existing libraries.  Just to easily
use different sets of images.

For example, I use a different set of toolbar icons. I just put the
new ones (with same names) in a directory in my `load-path' (I have to
add 'tool-bar-setup' to `after-init-hook' too to refresh the pre-built
`tool-bar-map'), and voilĂ !

With the current setting of `image-load-path', if the default toolbar
icons are put in etc/images those in my `load-path' will be
ignored. To take them into account again, I'll have to change the
default value of `image-load-path' in my init file to search the
`load-path' first, or to add it my own image directory.  That's why I
suggested to at least make `image-load-path' customizable.

Anyway no problem for me ;-)

Sincerely,
David