Re: About `image-load-path'

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: About `image-load-path'
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 03:04:43 -0400

    For example, I use a different set of toolbar icons. I just put the
    new ones (with same names) in a directory in my `load-path' (I have to
    add 'tool-bar-setup' to `after-init-hook' too to refresh the pre-built
    `tool-bar-map'), and voilĂ !

With the new code, you wou have to modify image-load-path too.
I don't think that is so difficult.

    To take them into account again, I'll have to change the
    default value of `image-load-path' in my init file to search the
    `load-path' first, or to add it my own image directory.  That's why I
    suggested to at least make `image-load-path' customizable.

It does not need to be officially customizable
for you to set it in your init file.
(There are problems using Custom to set variables like this one.)