Re: Comments on the Emacs icon discussion

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Comments on the Emacs icon discussion
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:11:14 +0200

luis fernandes <address@hidden> writes:

> Andrew Zhilin's submissions are quite slick. I like the smallest,
> left-most icon where the top of the horn is chopped-off and it
> resembles an "E"; but it doesn't really say "Emacs".

I think the last ones with the writing pad underneath have the perfect
tilt to make the horns signify _both_ E and M.

I think if the other ones could be tilted a bit more to get the same
sort of duplicity.

However, it seems to be that the niftiness is bought at the prize of
recognition value: the "M-x" GNU head logo seems strongest in that
regard to me.