RE: Entering filenames with spaces

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Entering filenames with spaces
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:06:21 -0700

    Could someone please tell me how this differentiation would best be
    implemented?
    Does a filename-minibuffer have an extra keymap?
    Or should Space be bound to some function that distinguishes the
    filename case from others? (a little awkward...)

I use this to distinguish file-name completion. I too would like to know if
there is a better way.

(defun file-name-input-p ()
  "Return non-nil if expected input is a file name."
  (and (symbolp minibuffer-completion-table)
       (stringp minibuffer-completion-predicate)))