Re: Closing popup causes mouse event

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Closing popup causes mouse event
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:11:03 +0900

> However, to fully implement the idea of events that Emacs should not
> touch would require more change, as you said.

That actually interferes with the C-g handling.  So, suspending
asynchronous input on a mouse-down event was not a good idea.

> Why does it matter if that up-event is processed by the menu's loop?
> If it does not get to see the up-event, does something go wrong?

Of course, it depends on how the event loop for the pop-up menu is
created.  And nothing goes wrong at least on Mac OS X as far as I
tested.

> Or is it simply a matter of preventing this up-event from being
> processed like a normal up-event by Emacs?  I think there are
> cleaner ways to do that.

I'll try that.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden