Re: follow-link not on mouse-face

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: follow-link not on mouse-face
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:42:31 -0400

    I think we should simply remove all special properties from the context
    lines: they're just context and do not really mean anything wrt the
    match itself.  When you click on a context line, point moves to the
    match line in the buffer, not to the line you clicked in the Occur
    buffer, which doesn't make much sense.

I agree, as regards those context lines.

    With the following patch, mouse actions and highlighting are put on the
    match line only, which solves the problem.

The change you described about context lines does not solve the
problem, as I understand the problem.  I thought the problem was about
the line numbers on match lines.

Your patch has the effect of turning off Mouse-1 on the line
numbers of match lines.  Whether that is desirable is the question
we were discussing, and we had not reached a conclusion yet.