Re: Anyone here tracking Ilya's recent CPerl 5.X updates?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Anyone here tracking Ilya's recent CPerl 5.X updates?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:52:43 -0500

    I don't use CPerl-mode, but I do try and follow its development to keep the
    Emacs version up to date.  Currently all I've done is to install the version
    5.2 and 5.7 on the separate ILYA branch, so I can ask CVs to do most of the
    merge for me.  I'm waiting for things to stabilize before I install the new
    code on the trunk.

What are the things that need to stabilize?  It would be very
good to merge this soon, since we seem to be making progress
towards the release, and it would be good to have a good CPerl mode
in it.  If it works much better than Perl mode, let's make it
the default mode for Perl.