Re: Global Font Lock by default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Global Font Lock by default
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:53:53 +0200

> From: Romain Francoise <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:11:54 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > IMO font-lock-comment-face is missing a default as in the patch below.
>
> It's probably the wrong fix -- the face definition appears to work fine
> on window-system displays.  What makes it behave differently on ttys?

I suspect it's different on a tty because the tty color support is not
yet fully set up when Emacs is dumped, and/or because we dump in batch
mode.  Dan, could you please see if that guess is true?

If I'm right, one possible solution is to load font-lock at startup
instead of in loadup.

Btw, whatever solution we decide upon, we should make sure that
invoking Emacs with --colors switch does TRT, even if the argument to
this option is different from the default number of supported colors
(the one in effect at dump time).