RE: new apropos feature in Emacs-22

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: new apropos feature in Emacs-22
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 09:33:12 -0800

    I think the idea was that a list of words is more natural input at
    that point than a regexp.  People nowadays are used to Google-style
    queries more than to regexps.  FWIW, I rarely myself use regexps in
    apropos.

Why try to mix regexp input with keyword input in the same command? That's
just asking for trouble. Why not have two different commands -
`apropos-with-keywords' and `apropos'? That's a cleaner way to add treatment
of keywords.

(Worse, but still better than this amalgam, would be to extend the `C-u'
options to provide for keyword input. The default should be the traditional,
regexp behavior, however.)

Sorry, I missed the original discussion.