Re: Multiple debugging sessions

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Multiple debugging sessions
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:00:16 +1300

 > > Retrofitting such a feature is probably a lot harder than simply being
 > > a bit careful to keep things well-parameterized from the beginning
 > > (well i guess it's too late now, but ...).
 >
 > The main problem (based on my experience making it possible to have multiple
 > PCL-CVS buffers) is that you need both to understand the code you're
 > changing and to understand how to use buffer-local variables to their best
 > advantage.

I've only just started using pcl-cvs, but doesn't it just use one buffer?  A
debugging session with gdb can comprise many buffers: stack, locals,
breakpoints etc.  There is only one GUD buffer per session, so maybe variables
could be local to that and some sort of indirection used, but it would be
more complicated.

 > In the end the change to PCL-CVS was "fairly" easy, but it was delicate.

What might be "fairly" easy to you, I might find a bit more difficult ;-)

Nick