Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:01:12 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:02:31 -0800
>
>     > Isn't there a nicer way the groups can be separated?
>
>     We could use overlays to display the ^L as something more visually
>     appealing, while leaving ^L in the buffer.
>
> Yes, that's what I was thinking too. The ^L should stay, but can be made
> more user-friendly.

Here's one more idea for displaying the bindings (it could also be
useful for what display-mode shows): put the help buffer into Outline
mode and use Outline-style headings instead of the ^L delimiters.
Initially, the display could be collapsed so that only the headings
are shown; users then could use Outline commands both for movement
between groups of bindings and for showing only those groups they are
interested in.