Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:26:57 -0600 (CST)

   On 11 Nov 2005, at 20:49, Luc Teirlinck wrote:

   > ^L is by no means an obscure character, although it might be obscure
   > for people who never print plaintext buffers.

   I just typed   ^L in Google and I couldn't find the meaning.
   I tried to use the Help menu to find it in the Emacs manual,  to no
   avail. (Maybe I didn't search correctly, but I did what a naive user
   would do.).
   I also checked "Emacs Terminology" and couldn't find it.

   Sorry to say, but yes, it is obscure.

C-h i emacs m pages, but really, all you have to do is print off a
buffer containing ^L's once and you will notice.

Sincerely,

Luc.