Re: C preprocessor directives in asm-mode and ld-script-mode

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: C preprocessor directives in asm-mode and ld-script-mode
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:22:44 -0500

    In order to fontificate C preprocessor directives well in asm-mode and
    ld-script-mode, I'd like to make c-font-lock-keywords-1 in GNU Emacs
    21.2 revive as `cpp-font-lock-keywords'.

Why was that deleted in the first place?

If we do bring it back, it seems strange not to use it in C mode.
Is there any reason not to use it in C mode as well?
Can you see how to do that?