Re: Turning on file-name-shadow-mode by default (was: opening /tmp//foo

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Turning on file-name-shadow-mode by default (was: opening /tmp//foo doesn't work.)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:09:32 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

         I've been using
       `file-name-shadow-mode' for about one year now (I didn't know about it
       before) and I think it should be turned on by default.

   I agree.  Could someone please turn it on by default, and ack?

I will do it, but I prefer to wait until Stefan's patch is installed.
I do not believe that one or two extra days will make a difference.
This is a minor mode, so there are some subtleties with Custom.  I
believe rfn-eshadow.el will need to be preloaded and I do not want to
check twice whether everything that it uses is defined at the time I
load it, once with the old code and once with the new code.

Sincerely,

Luc.