Re: Strange things with (shrink-window).

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Strange things with (shrink-window).
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:47:56 -0500

      $ emacs -Q (with or without -nw)

      Then C-x 3 C-x 2, then go to the window on the right.

      Now, M-x global-set-key RET F10 RET shrink-window RET

      Then press F10: nothings happen.

      Press F10 and stay on the touch. The window on the upper left will
      start to slowly and randomly shrink.

I agree that is a bug.  If the first invocation of F10 does nothing,
all further invocations should do nothing.  (It is supposed to
vertically shrink the window, and that can't be done, since it has no
vertical peers.)

Can someone please debug this and reply to this message?  I am
overloaded and cannot do it myself.  But fixing bugs like this is
important for the release--there's no point starting a pretest to find
out additional bugs, if we aren't fixing the ones we know about.