Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:14:19 -0600

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

    M-# is a prefix; any replacement for a full keystroke is "more than
    one key long".  However, the prefix itself should not be "more than
    one key long".

I think you've misunderstood what I said.  I said that the replacement
for M-# itself probably needs to be more than one key long (if it is
to be considered available).

"Probably"?  So M-+ isn't ruled out, then.
Sascha suggested `C-x &'; similarly there are `C-x *' or `C-x \'.
Are any of these acceptable?
But the replacement for M-# will effectively be a prefix and will,
by some users of Calc, be used repeatedly; since `M-+' is short
and a minimal change from M-#, I'm hoping that `M-+' gets the green
light.

Jay