Re: Bug in Carbon port: browse-url-default-macosx-browser

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Bug in Carbon port: browse-url-default-macosx-browser
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:12:15 +0000

On 28 Nov 2005, at 02:32, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:29:49 +0000, David Reitter <address@hidden> said:

After some research I put together the following patch. It finds the
appropriate default browser and runs it. Does the job for me.

I think the function `Fmac_launch_url_with_default_browser' is rather
specific.  How about just making a wrapper function for
LSGetApplicationForURL at the C level, and doing the rest of work at
the Lisp level?

Sure, but then you'll need to offer some functions to deal with with app URL itself. I don't know if start-process is the right / documented thing to do in this case (even though it'll probably work).

But most importantly, I have a number of bugs to deal with these days (mostly in my own libraries) and would like to work on that before introducing new mac-specific features in the Carbon port.