Re: emacs crash on SMP notebook only

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs crash on SMP notebook only
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:48:11 -0500

      Emacs-22 (from CVS) works OK (i.e. with hyperthreading, GCC 4).

      Emacs-21.4 as bundled with my OS but recompiled, crashes often with
                    hyperthreading and GCC 4, crashed twice with GCC 3.4.

      Emacs-21.4 as deliverd by the FSF works fine using GCC 4 or
                    GCC 3.4.

    It looks as if the problem is either gcc or the patches from Debian or
    Ubuntu. We can safely assume that gcc deserves more credits than
    Debian and Ubuntu together.

That is a very useful clue.  If you can determine which patch it is,
we would be on the home stretch.