Re: tooltip can be displayed outside the screen

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: tooltip can be displayed outside the screen
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:21:02 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:58:38 +0100
From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>
Cc: Tetsuo Tsukamoto <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

  Sorry I need to give a little more explanation.  In the two images
  Emacs frame is placed on the bottom edge of the screen.  When I
  move the mouse pointer to the mode line, Emacs 22.0.50 tries to
  place the tooltip below the mouse pointer.  But enough pixels are
  not left between the point just below the mouse pointer and the
  bottom edge of the screen. As a consequence the tooltip appears
  partly off the edge of the screen.

Can someone please fix this and ack?

Fixed.

Jan fixed this for X only; I now fixed it for w32.  I think someone
with access to the Mac needs to fix it in macfns.c.

Yes, sorry about that, my W32 and OSX access is nil right now. There should me more code sharing, computing x and y for a tip frame should be fairly platform independant. Thanks for pointing out the other ports.

        Jan D.