Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:03:44 +0100

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> when doing
>> M-x customize-group RET fancy-splash-screen RET
>
>> I actually don't get a customizable option for the most important
>> thing: how to turn it off.
>
> That's because the relevant option is in the `initialization' group.
> We can add it also to the `fancy-splash-screen' group, but it uses a
> different terminology ("startup message" vs. "fancy splash screen").

Well, I actually went to the `initialization' group, but did not
associate "inhibit startup message" (and the message is later spelled
out as text in the group) with the fancy splash screen.

Call me stupid, but it would be my bet that enough coidiots may be
found as to make it worthwhile making this more explicit.

Maybe the doc for inhibit startup message should be the point
explaining this?  If it does, then replicating the option in the fancy
splash screen group might look less out of kilter.