RE: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:38:53 -0800

           In my experience, the biggest problem with Customize is
           that it is very difficult to find a user option, because
           of the sheer number of customization groups and options.

    If it is simply due to the number of options that exist, I don't
    suppose anything can be done to improve that.  We're not going to
    get rid of a large fraction of the options.

    If someone has other ideas to make it easier to navigate thru Custom,
    we could entertain them.

Is that a call for such entertainment now? ;-)

I thought we were planning to discuss such matters _after_ the release. I
believe that the Customize UI could use a lot of work, including work along
these lines (reducing apparent complexity). But reworking the UI is
something that will require a fair amount of discussion (not to mention
implementation).