Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Peter Whaite
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:48:00 -0500

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think your change makes this header more clear.  The only part that
> is still confusing is
>
>     The State button can be used to set or save the option value.
>
> I suspect that the first thing that a novice will do after reading this
> is to search the button with the name "State" in the customization
> buffer.

I'm probably being thick and missing something obvious, but dont you
think that after finding a button named "State" their first response
will be to click on it, in which case they will be presented with a
popup menu of actions?

There is at least one State button in every Customization buffer I
think.  Perhaps plural is better:

    The State buttons can be used to set or save option values.

--
Peter Whaite