Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:46:28 -0600 (CST)

   I made that temporary to get some feed back on it.

The link was put in on explicit request of people who objected against
programs writing in their init files.  It makes little sense to put in
the button each time somebody asks for it and remove it each time
somebody suggests to remove it.

   It is perhaps not so easy to find in the documentation that the
   "help" links open, but a slight change there would make it easy.

Some people want to know straight offhand that they can save in a
different file if they want to.

   Peter also suggested removing the "custom file" link.

On the ground that it was useless for beginners.  But a dislike for
programs writing into your initialization files has nothing to do with
how long you have been using Emacs.  People want to know that
information _before_ they start using Custom.  So we are actually
talking about complete beginners in as far as Custom is concerned.

Sincerely,

Luc.
2