Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:57:30 -0600 (CST)

Juri Linkov wrote:

   I use whole buffer buttons only in single option buffers, i.e. buffers
   created by `customize-option' or `customize-face'.

In those buffers they are OK, as I already pointed out earlier.

   Even if this is a typical way for most people to use Customize,

I would guess that customize-group and customize-browse are used by
many beginning or advanced users.  Several people stated that they
regularly use customize-apropos, which yields a multi-option buffer.
Custom is very useful to browse options, not just to set them.

   of course this doesn't mean that multi-option group customization
   buffers should be left in a non-working state for years.

They were not _deliberately_ left in a non-working state for years.
Nobody knew that they were in a non-working state, because nobody
apparently ever clicked on them for years.

Sincerely,

Luc.