Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:14:31 -0500

I don't want to make these changes, for the following reasons:

    ! * Saving Customizations::    How to save customizations in a different
file.
    !                                 And why they can not be saved when emacs
was
    !                                 invoked with -Q.

Menu items should not be that detailed--it is clumsy.

    + @node Searching for Options
    + @subsection Searching for Options
    +
    +   You can search for customization options and groups by name using
    + regular expressions. The search functions are available in the menus
    + under Options - Customize Emacs.  See also the function
    + customize-apropos in (@pxref{Specific Customization}).

Such small nodes are wasteful and undesirable.

      @item M-x customize-apropos @key{RET} @var{regexp} @key{RET}
      Set up a customization buffer with all the variables, faces and groups
    ! that match @var{regexp}. There are also more specific functions:
    ! customize-apropos-options, customize-apropos-faces and
    ! customize-apropos-groups.

In a table which is structured as one command per item,
it is inconsistent to mention other commands in the same item.

I do not see why it is worth documenting customize-apropos-options,
etc.  customize-apropos seems to be good enough.