Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:43:59 +0200

> Below is an updated version of the patch without such low-level
> changes.  If people find no problems, I'll install it on the CVS
> trunk.

I've tested your new version with Lisp changes (for the trunk).  I think
it is very good that you still use the new frame parameter at Lisp level
in next-buffer/previous-buffer.  At least this will produce correct
results while cycling buffers only with next-buffer/previous-buffer.
In some packages next-buffer could be even used as a replacement of `q'
sometimes.

I still have mixed feelings about changing the default behavior of
next-buffer/previous-buffer to always visit visible buffers (i.e.
using the argument `visible-ok').  I don't know what is more preferable.
When I have the same buffer in two window initially, then I wish
next-buffer and subsequent previous-buffer return to the same buffer.
When initially there are two different buffers in two windows, then
it's better to ignore visible-ok.  Maybe there should be two separate
command for every direction: `next-buffer' and `next-visible-buffer',
`previous-buffer' and `previous-visible-buffer'?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/