RE: Inconsistency in meaning of "user options"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Inconsistency in meaning of "user options"
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:29:43 -0800

    > Something that
    > is "custom" (e.g. a "custom motorcycle") is something that _has been_
    > customized. The term to use for customizable is "customizable", not
    > "custom".

    Oh thanks, it is a bit hard with a foreign language. I would expect an
    option that had been changed to be called "customized" perhaps, but not
    "custom".

"Customized" is correct; so is "custom". "Custom" is often used
colloquially, especially for hobby things (cars, bikes...).

    I suppose "Custom option" would mean one of those
    that you use to change the behaviour of Custom with.

I've been looking for those options! So much to change...